Wednesday 16 September 2009

A brief history of inter-galactic twister



Here's one that was created entirely from within illustrator with the aid of my new and better graphics tablet. Years ago during my student days I bought an A6 graphics tablet and although it was ok once you got used to it the size felt like drawing inside the area of a postage stamp. My new tablet may only be a slight step up to A5 but it has made a vast difference as a comfortable area to work within. This doesn't mean that I'm going to go all Bob Dylan and switch to being entirely digital, its just another tool to create images with.

Anyway, the image above was based on the initial idea of creating astronauts/cosmonauts poking out of various black holes. But right at the beginning I changed this to reflect a funkier version of twister, which to me suited this piece more while also adding a bit of colour and making the overall feel of the piece more fun.

No comments: